Wollongong Art Gallery is funded and administered by Wollongong City Council with support from the NSW State Government through Create NSW. Funds are also generated from the corporate sector, the community and the Wollongong Art Gallery Friends.
There are several ways that you can personally support the Gallery's activities and contribute to a project or area that is of special interest to you. These include:
- Donations of cash, property or other assets
- Making a bequest or legacy in a will
- Gifting art through the Cultural Gifts Program
- Joining the Wollongong Art Gallery Friends
- Becoming a volunteer.
Under the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program, the Australian Taxation Office now provides tax incentives to encourage gifts of culturally significant items from private collections to public institutions. This program has greatly enhanced the Gallery's collection.
If you are a part of a business or community-based group with an interest in the arts and a desire to support one of the largest regional art museums in Australia, then sponsorship could be for you.
Wollongong Art Gallery offers corporate sponsorship across many different areas in the Gallery including naming rights, exhibitions, public programs and events.
Becoming a sponsor enables you to:
- Position your organisation as a supporter of the arts
- Raise the profile of your organisation
- Receive recognition as a sponsor in Gallery publications and marketing initiatives
- Provide corporate entertainment for your clients and employees in the Gallery's wonderful setting.
For more information about all aspects of donations and sponsorship, please contact our Program Director John Monteleone on 02 4227 8500
Wollongong Art Gallery gratefully acknowledges the support of: